Angiography Suite / Cath Lab / Hybrid OR Simulation
- Real time creation of continuous fluoroscopy, roadmap, CINE and DSA imaging.
- Simulation of C-arm and patient’s table maneuvering using a control panel.
- Ability to store and browse images/sequence acquired..
- A comprehensive drug panel including anti-hypertensive, anticoagulation or thrombolytic agents.
- Vital signs and ECG monitor reflecting complications or drug administration.
- Dosage Display on the fluoroscopy monitor showing real time dose rate, DAP (dose area product) and cumulative dose.
- Messages and Alerts reminding the trainee of radiation safety principle, errors and dosage alerts
- Performance and Scoring Report summarizing how each radiation safety principle was attended.
ECHO visualization capabilities gives intra-operative structural and functional assessment of cardiac structures in real time. ICE (Intra Cardiac Echo) and TEE (Transesophagel Echocardiogram) including doppler are incorporated in several cardiac modules.
- 3D anatomical views – allow the trainee to work without fluoroscopy to become familiar with the anatomy.
- Virtual instructor messages and warnings – guide the trainee through the procedure.
- Self-guided tutorial cases with step-by-step instructions.
Trainee Tracking and Assessment
- A procedure log tracks all user actions- devices used, contrast injected, imaging, drug administration, hemodynamic changes and complications.
- A comprehensive performance report includes tracking and capturing objective parameters: Accurate device selection and manipulation, trainee errors, complications, contrast and imaging.
- Learn and practice the procedural steps.
- Encounter a variety of anatomies, including difficult or rare anatomies, which may otherwise not be encountered during a training period.
- Improve technical skills and performance.
- Experience a variety of diagnostic and interventional devices.
- Perform errors and manage real time complications.
- Improve imaging and radiation safety skills.
Along with technical skills, the ANGIO Mentor endovascular simulator enables team work training to enhance communication skills, optimize coordination and cooperation within the team, and improve decision-making in both routine and emergency situations.
Team member may include:
- Primary operator
- Secondary operator
- X-ray technician
The following features, unique to ANGIO Mentor Suite, support team training:
Realistic, human size patient mannequin contributes to the realism of clinical settings, allowing the entire team to stand around it as in real life.
Built-in access in 5 different sites (right and left femoral, radial, pedal and subclavian) contributes to the realism, allowing the team members to stand in the actual position they would stand next to a real patient.
Easy, built-in integration of an actual C-arm for a more realistic cath-lab or hybrid OR clinical settings, enabling training team members interaction with an x-ray technician. The C-arm physical rotation is reflected on the fluoroscopy view and virtual C-arm.
TEE Probe Integration: ANGIO Mentor Suite II comes ready with a real TEE probe which can be introduced through the mannequin's mouth. This configuration enables live TEE (Transesophageal echo) imaging alongside the angiographic imaging. It creates a realistic work environment and allows cath lab team training with an echocardiographer for endovascular procedures that are supported with TEE such as Transseptal Puncture and LAA Closure.
See the Invisible – Radiation Awareness Training: "See the invisible" application shows the radiation scatter in the room using augmented reality technology. Using it, Cath lab/hybrid OR teams are able to practice and establish the ALARA principles, and effectively grasp the three basic protective measures: time, distance, and shielding.