SLS uses a high-powered C02 laser to fuse small particles of powdered material to create 3 dimensional parts. The laser selectively fuses powdered material by scanning X&Y cross-sections on the surface of a powder bed. The model is built one layer at a time from supplied 3D CAD data. SLS is capable of producing highly durable parts for real-world testing.
- Produce highly complex geometries
- Durable, high-heat and chemically resistant applications
- Impact-resistant parts for rigorous use
- Ideal for snap fits and living hinges
- Low-volume production solutions
- Major time and cost benefits
- Large build platforms available
Tolerances for standard resolution:
- X/Y planes: +/- .005” for the first inch, plus +/- .005” for every inch thereafter
Z plane: +/- .010” for the first inch, plus +/- .005” for every inch thereafter
SLS produces parts from impact-resistant engineering plastic, great for low- to mid-volume end-use parts, enclosures, snap-fit parts, automotive components and thin-walled ducting.
SLS produces complex geometries, for low-volume parts that would typically require assembly using traditional manufacturing methods.