ANAHEIM, Calif., USA - Z Corporation today introduced a rapid prototyping machine that builds high-end functional prototypes at one-third of the price of machines with comparable performance. The ZBuilder Ultra will be available in July.
Despite costing a fraction of the price of a stereolithography machine, the ZBuilder™ Ultra builds durable plastic parts that rivals injection molding's accuracy, material properties, detail, and surface finish. It enables engineers to verify designs for form, fit and function prior to full-scale production, eliminating costly modifications to production tooling and shortening time to market.
How It Works
The ZBuilder Ultra builds 3D parts additively using a high-resolution Digital Light Processor (DLP) projector to solidify a liquid photopolymer.
- Duplicate digital CAD models precisely
- Accurate; part features within +/- 0.008 inches* (+/- 0.2 mm*)
- Precision optics and motion systems for repeatability
- Innovative process with movement only in the Z-direction
Build true functional plastic parts
- Material properties rival final parts
- Strong and flexible
- Consistent regardless of orientation
- Razor-thin walls and sharp detail
- Minimum feature size: 0.005 inches (138 microns)
- X/Y resolution from highest resolution DLP engine
- Precise control of light source delivers sharp edges
- Ultra-Smooth Surface Finish
- Parts appear injection-molded
- Precise control of each voxel (3D pixel)
- No "stair stepping"
- 2X faster than other RP systems
- Verify designs the next day
- Speed independent of the number of parts in the build
- Build Size: 10.2 x 6.3 x 7.5 inches (260 x 160 x 190 mm)
* Typical (may vary by geometry, part orientation, build parameters, and process)
Where ZBuilder Fits In Product Line
Z Corporation devices now uniquely span the entire product development process from concept and detail design through building, testing and design verification. Along with its inkjet 3D printers and portable 3D laser scanners, Z Corporation devices compress the design cycle, improve communication, foster collaboration, and reduce costly errors. With a worldwide network of distribution partners, Z Corporation also provides integrated sales, service and support in all of these development phases.
"ZBuilder is the ideal addition to our product line, enabling customers to streamline the entire product development cycle," said Z Corporation CEO John Kawola. "For concept and mid-stage modeling when you need speed, low cost, and visual appeal, our ZPrinters are the fastest and only color 3D printers on the market. And when the material properties of a part are important for final design verification, the affordable ZBuilder delivers parts that rival injection-molding. Bottom line, engineers now have a single source for the best design technologies."
The ZBuilder Ultra will be available in July through Z Corporation's worldwide reseller network. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price in the USA is $34,900 USD, ex works (Options, shipping, local taxes, and duties not included. International pricing will vary, please consult your local Z Corporation reseller.).
About Z Corporation
Z Corporation 3D technologies help product designers, engineers and architects create the right designs the first time. Professionals use ZPrinter® 3D printers, ZBuilder rapid prototyping machines and ZScanner® 3D laser scanners to compress the design cycle, generate new concepts, communicate clearly, foster collaboration and reduce errors. These solutions span the entire 3D CAD/BIM design process from concept through design verification.
# # #