DMP Monitoring is a tool set for ProX DMP 320 metal printers that allows customers to see, analyze, understand and fine-tune their DMP process beyond levels ever possible before. This enables customers to achieve higher quality output through better DMLS process quality monitoring and assurance. The efficient and intuitive DMP Monitoring Software User Interface is developed based on the experience of printing 500,000 metal parts year-over-year in our metal printing facilities in Leuven, Belgium and Denver, USA.
The DMP Monitoring toolset for enhanced quality control includes real time process monitoring, synchronized images of the melt pool and powder bed, synchronized images of real time and archived jobs for comparison and a toolset for analyzing the magnitude of a subject area. DMP Monitoring enables the user to fully understand and control the process allowing the user to take corrective action to minimize the inherent side effects of all metal 3D printing technologies such as spatter and lump formation to significantly improve part quality.
Main features of DMP Monitoring software:
- Automatic data recording
- Fully configurable (User Interface)
- Real-time job analysis, and offline functionality
- Synchronized side by side comparison of DMP Meltpool and Vision data, comparison with previous print jobs (meltpool-to-meltpool, vision-to-vision, meltpool-to-vision)
- Synchronized zooming and panning through all jobs opened on screen
- Integrated live camera
- Video generation: sequential layers to video frames
- Coordinates and scale display on screen matching with build plate
- Measurement tool: line and surface
- Automatic back-up tool (to server or external data storage)
Bracket part in the website header, the video and successive images courtesy of Thales Alenia Space